Thursday, July 24, 2014

Emmy award winning Johnny Guillen!

Where to begin, never in my life would I have thought I could call myself an Emmy award winning anything. I entered the TV news business thinking I knew more about photography than anyone else. Part of me knew it was bull shit but I am regretful that I gave myself such high praise. Never entering for awards is a regret! I wish I could go back and enter for awards to challenge myself and see how good I really am or was. In 2014 I made the decision to finally submit. Thankfully I had a great partner in Johnathan Gonzales along with his great writing we won our first Emmy together. Being nominated was a great honor but winning was an absolute breath taking moment that neither one of us was ready for. I celebrating father’s day with my kids and lady when he called me to tell me the news. I ran around looking for the kids in complete joy and shock. I dropped to my knees to thank the lord and cry. It solidified what I always said about myself, I felt it more than ever “I am the #bestintheworld”. Now I know I am good but not the best in the world. This award means more than just an award. Many people win Emmy’s they have them every year. What made this one special to myself was the fact that Mr. Gonzales and I worked on this story alone, no one else had anything to do with it. We spent a combined 18 hours getting an 11 sec shot that really made the start of the story amazing. I’m not trying to discredit anyone who has won an Emmy or any award as a part of a team, I just felt proud to know that no one else had a part in this but him and I. I feel proud to know that no matter what happens to me from now until I die, I can always be referred to as Emmy award winning Johnny Guillen!

No comments:

Post a Comment